I've got this train set out of the box and on my tracks.
The locomotive is ...
The tanker cars are ...
The caboose is ...
This set comes with brass track, an oval. I'll sell you the track for a good price.
This train set was sold in the Loblaws chain of grocery stores for around $100CAD, from 1999 November till they were out of stock.
|Ragnar's HO Model Trains Weeb Site|
|President's Choice Train Set #7|
Text on the box:
At the turn of the 20th century, the world embrased the very first long haul, high speed steam passenger locomotives, the 4-6-2 Semi-Steamlined Pacific. Its unique wheel configuration, aerodynamic design and more powerful boiler proved to be the answer to passengers' ever growing need for rapid and efficient train transportaion.
For forty years, this engineering marvel ruled the railways of the world. As time passed however, these hounourable steam passenger locomotives were replaced by younger and more cost-effective breed of diesel electric locomotives. The 4-6-2 Semi-Steamlined Pacific was sadly relegated to the less glamorous duty of freight service, and ironically helped fuel its successor, and ultimately precipitated its own demise, by sometimes hauling oil.
At thit, the turn of the 21st century, we are proud to commemorate this speed pioneer with our limited collector's edition President's Choice 4-6-2 Pacific Express train set. Only 10,002 sets of this series have been produced. Our faithfully reproduced locomotive is acompanied by 5 tanker cars, a tendercar and a caboose, all specially decorated.
Comapatible with all HO scale model electric train sets, including our entire PC Collector's Series, this set is a welcome addition to any collection.
- Engine weight: 352g (12.4 ounces)
- Opperating locomotive headlight and automatic backup light on tender car
- Heavy duty can motor
- coated brass flywheel
- Helical matched gears
- Intricately matched smooth running gear transmission
- Functional nickel-plated coined brass driving rods
- Metal boiler hand railings
- Metal coupler lift bar on loco pilot deck and rear of tender car
- 24 karat gold-plated swivel bell
- Separate pilot deck apron molding
- Separate running board skirt molding
- White wall wheels
- Authentically detailed, painted and lettered with unique collector's quality markings
- Will operate on 46cm (18in) radius oval track layout
Compatible with all popular HO brands, including all President's Choice train sets. Authentic period-sized cars are to scale.
- Uniquely designe collector's quality 4-6-2 Semi-Streamlined Pacific steam locomotive with functioning headlight
- 1 tender car with automatic back-up light
- 5 Fat Albert Tanker cars
- PSI NATX53705 Tanker
- PCX LUCX302328 Tanker
- PCOX99 Tanker Peacock Brand Petroleum Co. Ltd.
- UTLX766211 Tanker Dominion Resins
- DACX711867 Tanker Dominion Amalgamated Alaphatic resins Co. Ltd.
- Caboose President's Choice Insider's Report
- 1 caboose with specialty collector's graphics
- Quality brass track for oval layout
- Track layout instructions
- CSA-aproved power pack with coecting wires
- Assembly and operation instructions
Oval tack layout Includes:
- 1 curved 46cm (18in) radius terminal brass railer
- 11 curved sections of 46cm (18in) radius brass track with rail joiners
- 12 strait sections of 23cm (9in) brass track with rail joiners
- 10 extra brass rail joiners
- 26 track snap locks
- Spare couplers and track snap locks, conecting wires
End of text on the box:
In the box:
President's Choice® Train Set # 7 Manufacturer: IHC of Slovenia locomotive: 4-6-2 Semi-Streamlined Pacific Steam Engine & Tender CP 246? Heraldry: CP Grey/Burgundy/Black Rolling Stock: Fat Albert Tanker car PSI NATX 53705 Heraldry:
Fat Albert Tanker car PCX LUCX 302328 Heraldry:
Fat Albert Tanker car PCOX 99 Peacock Brand Petroleum Co. Ltd. Heraldry:
Fat Albert Tanker car UTLX 766211 Dominion Resins Heraldry:
Fat Albert Tanker car DACX 711867 Dominion Amalgamated Alaphatic resins Co. Ltd. Heraldry:
Caboose: President's Choice Insider's Report Heraldry: Red Track: HO Code 100 Brass Track
12-9" strait & 12-18" radius curved, one with re-railler & power conections, also rail joiners and track snap locks
| © Ragnar Torfason|
2006 November 29