I've got this train set out of the box and on my tracks.
The locomotive is ...
The cars are all in their original condition, with truck mounted horn-hook couplers. As is the caboose.
This set comes with brass track, an oval. I'll sell you the track for a good price.
This train set was sold in the Loblaws chain of grocery stores for around $100CAD, from 2005 November untill they were out of stock.
|Ragnar's HO Model Trains Weeb Site|
|President's Choice Train Set #10|
Built by Montreal Locomotive Works for the Canadian National Railway in 1930, the 4-6-4 Class K-5-a Hudson locomotive played a pivotal role in Canadian rail history. Averaging 65 miles per hour along the Toronto – Montreal corridor, it kept its schedule over 90 percent of the time, earning it the name Speed Queen. Of the five beautifully designed locomotives numbered 5700 trough 5704, only two remain today: 5700 and 5702. Sadly, the others were destroyed.
To honour the classic locomotives that helped built this great land, the President’s Choice® team has been developed high quality HO scale train sets for serious collectors and hobbyists since the early 1990s. All 9 previous editions are depicted below.
Specially commissioned to commemorate the production of the 10th PC® train, this limited edition set features a faithful reproduction of the vintage Hudson, complete with a real smoke generator. To add to the authenticity, we’ve numbered it 5702 and have equipped it with the 02’s unique feature: elephant ears smoke filters. Not only were these filters visually appealing, they also proven to be a valuable technological advancement, as they cut through the air and lifted the smoke away from the locomotive and the cars.
To help highlight this important milestone in the history of the PC® train, we’ve replaced our customary historical markings on the 5 freight cars and the caboose with detailed illustrations of our playful PC® Mini Chefs™ characters. Perfect as a gift or a valuable addition to any collection, it will surely be given the thumbs up by kids and model train enthusiasts alike!
- Engine weight: 300g (10.5 ounces)
- Power pickup from locomotive and tender
- Operating locomotive headlight and automatic backup
- Smoke generator
- Heavy duty can motor
- Coated Helical matched gears
- Intricately matched smooth running gear
- Functional nickel-plated coined brass driving rods and valve gear
- Metal boiler and tender hand railings
- Tender car with coal bunker
- Metal coupler lift bar on loco pilot deck and rear of tender car
- 24 karat gold-plated swivel
- Separate pilot deck apron moulding
- Whitewall driving wheels
- Authentically detailed, painted and lettered with unique collector's quality markings
- Operates on 46cm (18in) radius oval track layout
- Uniquely designed collector's quality 4-6-4 Class K-5-a Hudson steam locomotive with operating headlight and smoke generator
- 1 tender car with operating back-up light
- 4 freight cars and 1 caboose, all with unique Mini Chefs ™ graphics
- Quality brass track for oval layout
- Track layout instructions
- Two-piece power pack with wall mount transformer and hand-held controller
- 10 ml vial of smoke generator fluid
- Assembly and operation instructions
- Limited warranty
- Compatible with all popular HO brands, including all PC® train sets. Cars are to scale
Oval tack layout Includes:
- 1 curved 46cm (18in) radius terminal brass railer
- 11 curved sections of 46cm (18in) radius brass track with rail joiners
- 12 strait sections of 23cm (9in) brass track with rail joiners
- 10 extra brass rail joiners
- 26 track snap locks
- Spare couplers and track snap locks, connecting wires
End of text on the box:
In the box:
President's Choice® Train Set # 10 Manufacturer: IHC of Slovenia locomotive: 4-6-4 Class K-5-a Hudson Steam Engine & Vanderbilt Tender CN 5702 Heraldry: CN Black/Green/Gold with smoke Rolling Stock: Box Car sides: PC® Raspberry Heraldry: picture sides
Box Car sides: PC® Apple Orchard Heraldry: picture sides
Box Car sides: PC® Biscuit bears Heraldry: picture sides
Hopper Car sides: PC® Fishing for biscuit crocodile Heraldry: Blue-picture sides
Caboose: President's Choice® Mini Chefs Heraldry: Blue/White Track: HO Code 100 Brass Track
12-9" strait & 12-18" radius curved, one with re-railler & power conections, also rail joiners and track snap locks
Power Pack: Two-piece power pack with wall mount transformer and hand-held controller
|President's Choice® Train Set # 10|
|Manufacturer:||IHC of Slovenia|
|locomotive:||4-6-4 Class K-5-a Hudson Steam Engine & Vanderbilt Tender CN 5702 Heraldry: CN Black/Green/Gold with smoke|
|Box Car sides: PC® Raspberry Heraldry: picture sides|
|Box Car sides: PC® Biscuit bears Heraldry: picture sides|
|Box Car sides: PC® Apple Orchard Heraldry: picture sides|
|Hopper Car sides: PC® Fishing for biscuit crocodile Heraldry: Blue-picture sides|
|President's Choice® Mini Chefs Heraldry: Blue/White|
| © Ragnar Torfason|
2006 November 29